Two recipes to share:
First, the protein bars. I tweak them a little bit.
I don't have a Blendtec blender (yet!) or a powerful food processor, so I skip the dried fruit and make them in the stand mixer.
I also used almond meal (ground up almonds) from Trader Joe's.
I used flax meal, Bob's Red Mill brand, which I keep in our fridge.
I use salted peanut butter (I've used the Smucker's Natural brand the past two times) and omit the sea salt.
I also used the honey and the chocolate chips.
They are yummy and the girls like them too. Nate is not a huge fan, but that means more for us. :)
Second, the baked doughnuts.

I had to cut this recipe in half because it would have made way too many for us to consume in one sitting. Even cut in half, we saved a couple for later. They were still pretty good. I think we'll do these for Christmas instead of cinnamon rolls.
The girls had fun cutting the dough into shapes and, of course, eating them!


Just a note, these are messy to eat. Mostly because of the sugar on the outside. We had sugar all over the floor. Just a warning. :)
2 comments:
Why do you refridgerate the flax seed?
I don't think you have to refrigerate flax seed, but you do want to refrigerate ground up flax seed (flax meal) because it will go rancid otherwise. We don't eat ours super fast, but it might be okay to leave it out if you did go through it quickly. I refrigerate wheat germ and wheat bran and whole wheat flour and nuts too. Anything with the oils still in them will go rancid after awhile.
On the other hand, you don't have to refrigerate coconut oil. That will last about 18 months to two years at room temperature.
Post a Comment